Jean-Francois Moine írta:
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 07:56:59 +0200
> Németh Márton <nm...@freemail.hu> wrote:
>
>> The next thing is that you need to learn how to compile the Linux
>> kernel from source code. There is a description for Ubuntu at
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Kernel/Compile . After you are able
>> to compile and install your new kernel, you can try to apply the
>> patch in this email, recompile the kernel, install the kernel and the
>> modules, unload the gspca_pac7302 kernel module ("rmmod
>> gspca_pac7302"), and then plug the webcam in order it can load the
>> new kernel module. When you were successful with these steps you'll
>> see new messages in the output of "dmesg" command. Please send this
>> output also.
>
> Hello Németh and Sergei,
>
> I think the patch is not needed because it just gives the vend:prod
> which is already known by lsusb.

To avoid misunderstandings, the patch I sent is not just printing the
USB vendor ID and product ID but also really enables the pac7302 gspca
subdriver to actually work with the newly added USB IDs.

> On the other hand, compiling a full kernel is not needed with a small
> tarball distribution as the one I have in my page (actual gspca-2.9.10).

This is also a possible way to go, the important thing is that a kernel
module has to be built and the previous version of gspca_pac7302 kernel
module has to be replaced with the newly built one.

Regards,

        Márton Németh