Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mche...@redhat.com> writes:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
>
>> Mauro, please do not apply this patch!
>
> Don't worry, I won't apply this patch.
>>
>> Afaik there is no tuner which takes 5 seconds to initialize. (And if
>> there was one, it would be a bad idea to add a 5s delay for all tuners!)
>
> Yes, that's my point: if is there such hardware, the fix should touch
> only on the hardware with that broken design.
>
> (btw, there is one tuner that takes almost 30 seconds to initialize:
> the firmware load for xc3028 on tm6000 rev A should go on slow speed,
> otherwise, it fails loading - the i2c implementation on tm6000 were
> really badly designed)
>
>> The saa7146_i2c_writeout errors are likely caused by broken hardware.
>
> I think so.

You are so right both of you.  Please drop the patch.

I believe this problem was yet another symptom of my faulty SATA hard
drive.  The driver is working fine with the default 100 ms timeout after
replacing that drive.

Sorry about all the unnecessary work I created for you, and thanks for
taking the time to review this even though you suspected user/hardware
error.

Bjørn