On 05/05/2010 13:36, Bee Hock Goh wrote:
Simon,

There is already a patch that will make af9105/tda18218 work. However,
it seem that there is no active effort to merge with the mainstream
code.

I have been running that codes with mythtv(recording only) for quite a
while and its working fine.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/82494/

Mauro,

I have send a mail to Nikola asking if he will be willing to submit
the codes to the v4l-dvb tree but I do not have any reply yet.

Can I extract thenecessary files/patch from
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015/ and let you merge with the git
tree?

I also notice that in ubuntu, it can detect the card and installed
proprietary code. Unfortunately, tda18218 is not supported.
i do know about the patch
in fact that is what i have been playing with
but it just replaces an existing stcik with the definition for the one that i have i thought that was a bit hacky - mainly because the patch failed on my hg checkout

so i have been editing the code to try and add it (not replace)
and indeed the stick is detected - just no signal
trying to work out what the problem is

also trying to get the latest firmware - second part of my question to the list
i don't know where the original patch came from

as an aside: i bought two of these on ebay and if antti wants one so that he can support it then just drop me an email with a postal address and i'll send it
--
simon