Ok, my reason for doing that is because I thought that there should be a memory
limit in whichever place you're doing the buffer allocations.

MMAP is allocating buffers in kernel, so kernel should provide a memory
restriction, if applies.

USERPTR is allocating buffers in userspace, so userspace should provide a
memory restriction, if applies.

Please correct me if my reasoning is not correct.

Regards,
Sergio