On 05/12/2010 04:39 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
Prarit Bhargava wrote:
When compiling 2.6.34-rc7 I see the following warnings

drivers/media/dvb/frontends/dib3000mc.c: In function
'dib3000mc_i2c_enumeration':
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/dib3000mc.c:853: warning: the frame size of 2224
bytes is larger than 2048 bytes
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/dib7000p.c: In function 'dib7000p_i2c_enumeration':
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/dib7000p.c:1346: warning: the frame size of 2304
bytes is larger than 2048 bytes

because the dib*_state structs are large and they are alloc'd on the stack.

This patch moves the structures off the stack.
Hi Prarit,

Thanks for the patch, but I've received two patches to fix the same thing some
time ago.
Unfortunately, it took a long time to be merged, since I was waiting for the
driver
maintainer's ack. It is at those changesets:

http://git.linuxtv.org/v4l-dvb.git?a=commit;h=65483f7e5f3e169ea038de26068395231dd3b13b
http://git.linuxtv.org/v4l-dvb.git?a=commit;h=370c0cb185d4fccfb2c66fbe94b48579d4c5fa1c

Oops! Sorry about that Mauro :( -- I didn't realize there was another git tree to check. Just curious -- is the one listed in MAINTAINERS still active?

I also noticed that the cxusb driver doesn't check the return value from
dib7000p_i2c_enumeration().
Randy's patch also added a test for it, but without the warning printk. It may
be a good
idea to have that warning. So, please be free to send it as a separate patch if
you also
think so.

Sure I'll do that shortly (after checking out the above tree ;) ).

P.