On Tue, 18 May 2010 15:55:27 +0300
Eduardo Valentin <eduardo.valen...@nokia.com> wrote:

> I'm probably fine with this patch, and the driver must check for the pointer
> before using it, indeed.
>
> But, I'm a bit skeptic about marking its platform data as __initdata. Would
> it make sense?
> What happens if driver is built as module and loaded / unload / loaded again?
>
> Maybe the initdata flag does not apply in this case. Not sure (and not tested
> the above case).

Yep, it doesn't work or make sense for modules if platform data is
marked as __initdata but with built in case it can save some bytes which
are not needed after kernel is initialized.

Like with this driver the i2c_bus number and i2_board_info data are not
needed after probing but only pointer to set_power must be preserved.

--
Jarkko