Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Mauro,
>
> On Friday 21 May 2010 17:03:04 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>> Laurent Pinchart wrote:

>>> When will they be merged to master ?
>> There's a very good question. The current master branch has a very dirty
>> history, with almost all 2.6.33 and 2.6.34 patches merged twice. I'm not
>> sure yet what would be the better way to handle the master branch.
>> To avoid make things worse, I'm considering to merge back at master only
>> after having the patches merged upstream.
>
> Isn't that even worse than what we did for 2.6.34 ? How are developers
> supposed to test their drivers against changes in the v4l-dvb repository ? By
> merging all staging branches manually every time ?

You can merge from devel/for_v42.6.35, where all the staging repositories will
be merged.
The main difference is that I won't merge the "temporary" hashes at master (as
patches
might be rebased when sending upstream, generating a new hash).

I'm considering also to have a v2.6.34+devel branch with 2.6.34 + all staging
branches,
to help people to test the drivers using git.

--

Cheers,
Mauro