On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Eugeniy Meshcheryakov
<eu...@debian.org> wrote:
> Thanks, that patch fixes the shifting problem, all the pixels are in the
> right place.

Ok, I'll issue a PULL request to get that upstream.  Thanks for testing.

>> In the meantime though,
>> you can work around the issue by cropping out the lines with the
>> following command:
>>
>> /usr/bin/mplayer -vo xv,x11 tv:// -tv
>> driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=PAL:width=720:height=576:input=1
>> -vf crop=720:572:0:0
> Thanks for the tip. It worked with 640x480. But when I tried to use
> 720x576 I got a picture with a lot of noise made of horizontal white
> lines. However maybe it is because of damaged USB connector...

If you email me a screenshot (preferably off list due to the size), I
can probably provide some additional advice.  Also please provide the
exact mplayer command you used so I can try to reproduce it here.

> Also teletext is still unreadable (both with 640x480 and 720x576). Does
> mplayer support teletext correctly? And can it work with resolution
> 640x480?

I don't know how good mplayer's teletext support is.  When I did the
original work, I did the testing using "mtt", and in fact I had to do
it over an SSH link since I didn't have a teletext feed here.  It
should work at 640x480 though.

I would suggest you try it with mtt/tvtime at 720x576 and see if it
works.  If it does, then we have a starting point to narrow down
whether it's an issue with the application, the selected capture
resolution, the driver itself, or something strange about the teletext
feed itself.

Cheers,

Devin

--