* Felipe Contreras <felipe.contre...@gmail.com> [100611 19:03]:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Laurent Pinchart
> <laurent.pinch...@ideasonboard.com> wrote:
> > My understanding is that Linus will remove all ARM defconfigs in 2.6.36,
> > unless someone can convince him not to.
>
> Huh? I thought he was only threatening to remove them[1]. I don't
> think he said he was going to do that without any alternative in
> place.
>
> My suggestion[2] was to have minimal defconfigs so that we could do
> $ cp arch/arm/configs/omap3_beagle_baseconfig .config
> $ echo "" | make ARCH=arm oldconfig
>
> [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/994194
> [2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/995412

Sounds like the defconfigs will be going though and we'll use
some Kconfig based system that's still open. I believe Russell
said he is not taking any more defconfig patches, so we should
not merge them either.

Anyways, we already have multi-omap mostly working for both
mach-omap1 and mach-omap2.

So the remaining things to do are:

1. For mach-omap1, patch entry-macro.S to allow compiling in
   7xx, 15xx and 16xx. This can be done in a similar way as
   for mach-omap2. The only issue is how to detect 7xx from
   other mach-omap1 omaps. If anybody has a chance to work
   on this, please go for it!

2. The old omap_cfg_reg mux function needs to disappear
   for mach-omap2 and use the new mux code instead. I'm
   currently working on this and should have it ready
   for testing this week.

3. To boot both ARMv6 and 7, we need to get rid of
   CONFIG_HAS_TLS_REG. I already have a patch for that,
   I'll try to update that during this week.

4. To make CONFIG_VFP work for both ARMv6 and 7, we need
   to fix CONFIG_VFPv3 so it boots on ARMv6 too. It currently
   oopses. Will take a look at this after I'm done with the
   CONFIG_HAS_TLS_REG. This is another one where some help
   would be nice. To reproduce, boot Linux on ARMv6 with
   CONFIG_VFPv3 set.

5. After all this works, we can participate on building
   in multiple ARM platforms :)

Regards,

Tony