Hello,

Am Sonntag, 20. Juni 2010 schrieb Andreas Stempfhuber:
> Hello,
>
> I bought a brandnew Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA HD-S2 which does not load the
> firmware since the value of register 0x20 is allways 0x00. After changing
> the cx24116 driver to not check register 0x20, the firmware is loaded and
> the card works as expected (DVB-S, audio and remote control).
[...]

I did a few additional tests and there seems to be only an issue with brandnew
cards which have never before got a firmware uploaded. As on my card register
0x20 allways returned 0 with different kernel and driver versions and several
reboots.

After forcing a firmware upload by modifying the driver to not check the state
of register 0x20, the issue no longer exists. If I now reboot or power cycle
the PC, register 0x20 returns values unequal 0 and the original driver works
as expected.

It seems to me that relying on register 0x20 for firmware uploads is not
stable as a brandnew card may return 0 until it got the first firmware
uploaded.

Regards,

Andreas