On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Steve Freitas <sfl...@ihonk.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an ATI TV Wonder 600 USB and have successfully used it for its
> DVB features, thanks to the work of many of you on this list. However,
> this device also has an auxiliary s-video/composite input[1] which I'd
> like to use in VLC, and I can't figure out how. Is there any capability
> in the driver to switch to that?
>
> I'm using kernel 2.6.32 on Debian, with firmware xc3028L-v36.fw. The
> device's USB id is 0438:b002.
>
> I'm happy to provide any other logs or info requested and appreciate any
> help I can get.

Yes, it's fully supported.  But bear in mind it's an analog input, so
you need to use a V4L application as opposed to something designed for
DVB.  Once you use an analog app (such as tvtime), just toggle over to
input 1 for composite or input 2 for S-Video (input zero is the analog
tuner input).

Cheers,

Devin

--