On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mche...@redhat.com> wrote:
> This patch tries to fix a problem, but it is broken: Let's suppose that you
> have
> 2 i2c drivers that implements control, one for video (like tvp5150) and
> another for
> audio (like msp3400). That's the case of HVR-950, for example.  As both
> drivers
> implement s_ctrl, the -ENOIOCTLCMD will not be returned by the drivers.
> Instead, if
> you try to set an audio CTRL to tvp5150, it will return -EINVAL. The same
> happens if
> you try to set a video CTRL to msp3400.
>
> If you use v4l2_device_call_until_err(), depending on the order that tvp5150
> and msp3400
> will be loaded, or video or audio CTRL's will always fail, due to -EINVAL.
>
> What we need here is something like v4l2_device_call_until_not_err(), e. g.
> something that
> will stop sending CTRL's if the return code is 0.

Yeah, you're right.  The patch is indeed broken in that use case.  I
had looked at various other bridges, but didn't see any consistent
approach.  Let's move this to a new thread so that we can get input
from Hans (given this is a subdev issue).

Thanks for pulling the other patches though.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com