matteo sisti sette wrote:
> Yeah, thank you, I have found the FIREDTV=n trick on some other forum
> just a few minutes before I read your reply, and with that change it
> has compiled fine :)

oops, I just sent my reply before I saw that you already figured it out

> I'm not sure what firedtv is but I don't think I need it :)

its a driver for some firewire based DVB devices ... you won't need it.

> By the way may I ask a newbie question? If you need the kernel sources
> to compile v4l-dvb, it does not mean that you're recompiling the
> kernel, does it? :$

that's correct ... all you are doing is building the v4l-dvb drivers
against your specific kernel ...  after building them, you can then
install them, which effectively replaces the kernel supplied set of
v4l-dvb drivers with the set you just compiled/built