I have now noticed that IR drivers are being loaded when I modprobe cx23885 to load the drivers for the HVR-1800 which doesn't even have a remote. The 32bit computer doesn't have this card, it has a Nexus and a FusionHDTV7 express. The drivers that are being loaded seem to be enough to get a responce from the nexus remote, but it's doing exactly the same thing as when I also modprobe ir_kbd_i2c which was always used in the past to load remote drivers for the nexus and is what I have been using to load drivers for the Fusion card. Is there some kind of conflict now? I've had the 1800 in the x64 system with the nexus for a long time but stopped using/updating it to get the 32bit system running. There seems to be a problem with the new IR drivers.