On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, Douglas Schilling Landgraf wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> Mike Isely wrote:
> > Mauro:
> >
> > FYI, I posted an "Acked-By: Mike Isely <is...@pobox.com>" weeks ago, back on
> > 27-May, immediately after the patch was posted.  It's a great catch, and the
> > bug has been there since basically the beginning of the driver.  Was I ever
> > supposed to see any kind of reaction to that ack (e.g. having the "Acked-By"
> > added to the patch)?  I had posted it in reply to the original patch, copied
> > back to the patch author, to lkml, to linux-media, kernel-janitors, and
> > Mauro.
> >
> >   -Mike
>
> It seems my mistake since I have added CC instead of Acked-by, sorry.
> This happened because usually I add CC to the authors of drivers when I took
> patches from patchwork and I wanna notify them. In your case, I missed the
> acked-by.
>
> Mauro, if possible, could you please replace CC to the correct Acked-by before
> submit this patch to Linus?

Hmm, going through my old e-mail now I can see that the patch was picked
up for -mm on 1-Jun.  At that time I was marked as a CC: for the patch -
which I'd expect as the driver maintainer.  But no Acked-By: was
showing.  Maybe that's when the ack got missed.

Obviously I have no issue with this patch.  My only real concern is that
nobody thinks I might have been ignoring it.  Thanks for following up.

  -Mike

--

Mike Isely
isely @ isely (dot) net