On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mche...@infradead.org> wrote:
> Em 11-08-2010 12:58, Pete Eberlein escreveu:
>> On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 09:25 +0200, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
>>> Hello Devin,
>>>
>>> Yes it's completely reproducible for a change:
>>>
>>> ffmpeg -f video4linux -r 25 -s 720x576 -i /dev/video0 out.flv
>>> gave an error:
>>
>> Use -f video4linux2.
>>
>> The -f video4linux option uses the old video4linux1 API.  I have seen
>> similar strange behavior when I used that ffmpeg option with a v4l2
>> driver I am developing.  Also, ffmpeg does not use libv4l.
>
> Still, we have a bug to fix. The driver shouldn't generating a PANIC if
> accessed
> via V4L1 API.

I agree with Mauro completely.  There is nothing userland should be
able to do which results in a panic (and I have no reason to believe
Pete was suggesting otherwise).  That said, it's really useful to know
that this is some sort of v4l1 backward compatibility problem.

I'll see if I can reproduce this here.

Thanks,

Devin

--