Em 26-08-2010 03:53, Jan Hoogenraad escreveu:
> During debugging a driver, I found that at least in
>
> linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dibusb-mc.c
> the length of ir_codes_dibusb_table was referring to an older version.
> This may have caused memory overrun problems
>
> I have fixed this in my branch in
> linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dibusb.h
>  with a
> #define IR_CODES_DIBUSB_TABLE_LEN 111
>
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~jhoogenraad/rtl2831-r2/rev/549b40b69fa4
>
> I agree this is not the nicest solution, but at at least would reduce some
> problems.
> I am not sure on how to create a patch for this ?
> Should I make a new branch in the HG archive ?
>
> I suggest to replate the 111-s into IR_CODES_DIBUSB_TABLE_LEN in the files
> below as well:
>
>     * drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dibusb-common.c:
>           o line 330
>           o line 459
>     * drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dibusb-mb.c:
>           o line 215
>           o line 299
>           o line 363
>           o line 420
>     * drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dibusb.h, line 127

The proper solution is to migrate dibusb to use the new ir-core way, just like
we did at
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dib0700_devices.c:

http://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git?a=commitdiff;h=d700226902a62a3b6f3563782d569c0e2af74397
http://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git?a=commitdiff;h=5af935cc96a291f90799bf6a2587d87329a91699
http://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git?a=commitdiff;h=72b393106bddc9f0a1ab502b4c8c5793a0441a30

Cheers,