Of course, I attached the patch.

Thanks for your time and sorry because I didn't read the documentation.

----- Original Message ----
From: Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovet...@gmx.de>
To: Poyo VL <poyo...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, August 31, 2010 11:34:50 PM
Subject: Re: Patch

Hi!

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010, Poyo VL wrote:

> Kernel: 2.6.35.4
> File: include/media/v4l2-mediabus.h
>
> Patch:
>
> -    V4L2_MBUS_FMT_FIXED = 1,
> +    V4L2_MBUS_FMT_NO_FORMAT = 0,
> +    V4L2_MBUS_FMT_FIXED,
>
> Added a 0 value to the v4l2_mbus_pixelcode structure, it is used on
> drivers/media/video/mt9v022.c on line 405 in a switch(mf->code) where code
> cannot be 0, so I get warning.
>
> I know it is not extremly important...

Thanks for your report and your patch! Fixing compiler warnings is
important too, so, this does deserve a patch. However, I think, we have to
patch not the generic code, but rather the mt9v022 driver. That "case 0:"
has been left there by accident since the very first version, whereas it
had to be killed a long time ago. So, the correct fix would be to just
kill these three lines there:

-    case 0:
-        /* No format change, only geometry */
-        break;

If you like, you can submit a patch to do that. But please follow patch
submission guidelines, as outlined in Documentation/SubmittingPatches in
your kernel tree. And don't forget to CC the linux-media mailing list.

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.