On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Jarod Wilson <ja...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 06:54:02PM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>> Em 06-09-2010 18:26, Maxim Levitsky escreveu:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Here is full overview of my patches:
>> >
>> > Patch #1 fixes races in ir thread.
>> > It fixes the case when ktherad_stop waits forever for the thread.
>> > This happens on module unload and therefore it never finishes.
>> > Sorry for introducing this bug.
>> >
>> > Patch #2, fixes a crash on my module load.
>> > It happens because ir core initializes the input device a bit early,
>> > therefore it could be accessed while still not set up.
>> >
>> > Patch #3 fixes a small typo in lirc code that makes it impossible to use
>> > tx duty cycle setting.
>> >
>> > Patch #4 fixes a problem seen on my system that results in stuck down
>> > forever key.
>> >
>> > Patch #5 adds few keys to MCE keymap that were found on laptop of an user
>> > I tested this driver with
>> >
>> > Patch #6, is a combined update ti my driver. It contains lot of
>> > refactoring thanks to docs I have now,
>> > and lot of fixes, and supports latest version of firmware (and I have 4
>> > users asking for that)
>> > It is quite huge, but it would be a tedios job to break it up. This can't
>> > introduce regressions
>> > because the ene_ir was never released. In addition to that it was tested
>> > by me and another two users.
>> >
>> > Patch #7 the really only patch that touches drivers I don't have does
>> > touch the ir-core.
>> > It is quite small, and it adds a proper solution to dilema about what to
>> > do with huge space between keypresses.
>> > Now this space is just truncated by the driver with timeout flag.
>> > The lirc codec then ensures that right sample is send to the lircd.
>> > Please review and test it.
>> >
>> > Patch #8 is very simple. It just builds on top of patch #7 and adds
>> > carrier reports to ene driver.
>>
>> For now, I've applied patches 3, 4 and 5, as it is nice to have Jarod's
>> review also.
>
> I've finally got them all applied atop current media_tree staging/v2.6.37,
> though none of the streamzap bits in patch 7 are applicable any longer.
> Will try to get through looking and commenting (and testing) of the rest
> of them tonight.

Also had to make a minor addition to the rc5-sz decoder (same change
as in the other decoders). Almost have all the requisite test kernels
for David's, Maxim's and Dmitry's patchsets built and installed, wish
my laptop was faster... Probably would have been faster to use a lab
box and copy data over. Oh well. So functional testing to hopefully
commence tomorrow morning.

--
Jarod Wilson
ja...@wilsonet.com