I've just spent a fair while looking through the September posting of
the media controller code (is there a more recent version?).  The
result is a high-level review which interested people can read here:

        http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/415714/1e837f01b8579eb7/

Most people will not see it for another 24 hours or so; if there's
something I got radically wrong, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

The executive summary is that I think this code really needs some
exposure outside of the V4L2 list; I'd encourage posting it to
linux-kernel.  That could be hard on plans for a 2.6.38 merge (or, at
least, plans for any spare time between now and then), but the end
result might be better for everybody.

I have some low-level comments too which were not suitable for the
article.  I'll be posting them here, but I have to get some other
things done first.

Thanks,

jon