Am Montag, den 22.11.2010, 15:08 +0000 schrieb Mike Martin:
> On 22 November 2010 06:08, hermann pitton <hermann-pit...@arcor.de> wrote:
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > Am Sonntag, den 21.11.2010, 17:58 +0000 schrieb Mike Martin:
> >> I am trying to tune channels with this card (which seems to be
> >> installed OK). However the output is
> >>
> >> Using DVB card "Philips TDA10046H DVB-T"
> >> tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 497833000 Hz
> >> polling....
> >> Getting frontend event
> >> FE_STATUS:
> >> polling....
> >> polling....
> >> polling....
> >>

> > usually, in the UK, this can be caused by the missing ability to detect
> > some frequencies offsets by the tda10046.
> >
> > Since you have already a minus of 167000Hz, typically for the UK, in
> > your initial scan/tuning file, this most common problem likely can be
> > excluded.
> >
> > So there are eventually three variants causing the problem on a first
> > idea.
> >
> > 1. They changed to 498 MHz. (or did change something else too, "auto"
> >   is your friend in the initial scan file then, except for the freq.)
> >

> tried that no difference
> > 2. Your overall signal is not good enough.
> >
> well up until friday I was using a HVR900, until it decided to refuse
> to believe it was plugged into a USB2 bus, and it was working fine
>
> > 3. You sit on some kernel with some bug.

[...]

Well, it is still very easy to install the latest remaining v4l-dvb from
hg/mercurial for a quick test too.

I don't have your hardware, but all my stuff is still fine there so far.

AFAIR, your device, added by Hartmut, has some sort of TD1316 without an
extra tda9887 IF demodulator for analog reception soldered outside of
the tuner on the PCB.

However, it is in a loop for eeprom auto detection on the side of the
bridge.

If that fails, and for my experience four of five attempts to fiddle
with that later did fail, you don't have a chance for any DVB either.

You might have to force the card number in such a case, but I'm still
far away from what might be going on and your report is without any
details so far.

Cheers,
Hermann