This is with reference to:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg15042.html

It looks to me that the IR interface related stuff is not in the
2.6.35 kernel either. Since I need it for a set-top box that I
building, I was looking for the canonical source for that code so that
I can package it separately. Till now I have only found the bits in
Igor's s2-liplianin tree. However it looks to me that the code did not
originate there because the RC keymap file
(linux/drivers/media/IR/keymaps/rc-vp2040.c) was created by a commit
marked "merge http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb"; (hg export 15052). I am
confused because the v4l-dvb tree does not have the VP2040 IR bits,
and my limited knowledge of Mercurial is hindering me from figuring
out the origins of the code.

Could you kindly point me to the correct direction?

Thanks,
Debarshi

--
The camera is to the brush what Java is to assembly.
   -- Sougata Santra