Hi,

On 12/24/2010 02:42 PM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
Hi Hans, Mauro,

The se401, vicam, ibmcam and konicawc drivers are the only V4L1 drivers left in
2.6.37. The others are either converted or moved to staging (stradis and cpia),
ready to be removed.

Hans, what is the status of those four drivers?

se401:
I have hardware I have taken a look at the driver, converting it is a bit
of a pain because it uses a really ugly written statefull decompressor inside
the kernel code. The cameras have an uncompressed mode too. I can start doing
a conversion to / rewrite as gspca subdriver supporting only the uncompressed
mode for now:

vicam:
Devin Heitmueller (added to the CC) has one such a camera, which he still needs
to get into my hands, once I have it I can convert the driver.

ibmcam and konicawc:
Both drivers were converted by me recently and the new gspca subdrivers for
these
have been pulled by Mauro for 2.6.37 .

<snip>

There are two drivers that need more work: stk-webcam has some controls under
sysfs
that are enabled when CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L1_COMPAT is set. These controls should be
rewritten as V4L2 controls. Hans, didn't you have hardware to test this driver?

No I don't have any Syntek DC1125 based webcams.

<snip>