On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Have you tried Mauro's media_build tree? I had to use it today to test a
> driver from git on a 2.6.35 kernel. Works quite nicely. Perhaps we should
> promote this more. I could add backwards compatibility builds to my daily
> build script that uses this in order to check for which kernel versions
> this compiles if there is sufficient interest.

I'd just like to note that I have been using the media_build daily
snapshots with much success.  IMO, it's about as close as you're going
to get to the old hg system.  As a (mostly) end-user, I am one of the
people unwilling to hassle with the entire git tree (kernel included),
but since the introduction of media_build, we're once again able to
test new code much like we did before.  I strongly urge any end-user
who hasn't given it a try, to do so.

Regards,
Derek