On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 17:30:21 +0100
Jean-Francois Moine <moin...@free.fr> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:38:04 +0100
> Antonio Ospite <osp...@studenti.unina.it> wrote:
>
> > > Jean-François Moine (9):
> > [...]
> > >       gspca - ov534: Use the new video control mechanism
> >
> > In this commit, is there a reason why you didn't rename also
> > sd_setagc() into setagc() like for the other functions?
> >
> > I am going to test the changes and report back if there's anything
> > more, I like the cleanup tho.
>
> Hi Antonio,
>
> With the new video control mechanism, the '.set_control' function is
> called only when capture is active. Otherwise, the '.set' function is
> called in any case, and here, it activates/inactivates the auto white
> balance control... Oh, I forgot to disable the awb when the agc is
> disabled!

So the convention you used for function names is:
 .set = sd_setFOO;
and
 .set_control = setBAR;

right?

Tested with guvcview, when toggling the Autoexposure control I get this
message:
  control id: 0x009a0901 failed to set (error -1)
  control id: 0x009a0901 failed to get value (error -1)

Similar error with qv4l2:
  Error Auto Exposure (1): Invalid argument

And because of that the manual Exposure control does not work either.

However I verified these errors are also in 2.6.35, so I think your
conversion is fine, there must be something else going on; maybe I
should open another thread, as there is also the pending issue of
changing framerates "live", unrelated to the control changes as well.

I hope to be able to look at these issues soon, if nobody else does
before.

Thanks,
   Antonio

--