Hi,

We are developing the image processor driver for Intel Medfield platform.

We have received some comments on memory management that we should use standard
Linux kernel interfaces for this, since we are doing everything by ourselves
including memory allocation (based on pages), page table management, virtual
address management and etc.

So can you please help give some advice or suggestion on using standard kernel
interface for memory management?

The processor has a MMU on-chip with same virtual address range as IA. The
processor will access system memory (read and write) through MMU and page
table. The memory consumption of the driver could be quite big especially for
high resolution (14MP) with certain features turned on.
For example: advanced ISP with XNR and yuv444 output, at 14MP this uses:
        1 RAW16: 2*14 = 28MB
        1 qplane6: 6/4 * 14 = 21MB
        1 yuv420_16: 2 * 1.5 * 14 = 42MB
        1 yuv420: 1.5 * 14 = 21MB