Hi Laurent,

On 01/27/2011 12:46 AM, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> Looking at the "Data-Lane Shifter" table (12.27 in my datasheet, in the
> "Bridge-Lane Shifter" chapter), I think, the first two columns are fixed
> by the board design, right? So, our freedom lies only in one line there
> and is a single parameter - the shift value. The output shifter (VPIN) is
> independent from this one, but not unrelated. It seems logical to me to
> relate the former one to CCDC's input pad, and the latter one to CCDC's
> output pad. AFAIU, Laurent, your implementation in what concerns pad
> configuration is: let the user configure all interfaces independently, and
> first when we have to actually activate the pipeline (start streaming or
> configure video buffers) we can verify, whether all parts fit together.

I would like to add this lane shifter support.  Would you like me to
implement it as Guennadi suggested- letting the user set all 3 CCDC pad
formats arbitrarily and postpone the consistency checks to streamon time?

> So, why don't we stay consistent and do the same here? Give the user both
> parameters and see how clever they were in the end;) I also think, if we
> later decide to add some consistency checks, we can always do it.
>
> Thanks
> Guennadi

Thanks,
Michael

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstrasse 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner