Guennadi and Hans,

<snip>

> > The only static data I am concerned about are those that affect signal
> integrity.
> > After thinking carefully about this I realized that there is really only
> one
> > setting that is relevant to that: the sampling edge. The polarities do
> not
> > matter in this.

I respectfully disagree.

AFAIK, There is not such thing as sampling edge configuration for MIPI
Receivers, and the polarities DO matter, since it's a differential
signal.

> Ok, this is much better! I'm still not perfectly happy having to punish
> all just for the sake of a couple of broken boards, but I can certainly
> much better live with this, than with having to hard-code each and every
> bit. Thanks, Hans!
>
> So, I think, we can proceed with this, let's see the code now, shall we?;)
>
> Currently soc-camera auto-configures the following parameters:
>
> hsync polarity
> vsync polarity
> data polarity
> master / slave mode
> data bus width
> pixel clock polarity
>
> (see include/media/soc_camera.h::soc_camera_bus_param_compatible() and
> drivers/media/video/soc_camera.c::soc_camera_apply_sensor_flags()).
> Removing the pixclk polarity, the rest we can use as a basis for a new
> subdev-based implementation.

Don't we need to move this out from soc_camera and make it available in
v4l2_subdev ops? (I'm talking about both parallel and the "new" MIPI
support)

That way both SoC_Camera, and Media Controller frameworks can use that.

Regards,
Sergio