Hi,

On 03/10/2011 02:46 PM, Yordan Kamenov wrote:
Hi Hans,

any comments on that?

I looked at globally immediately after you send it,
summary of that look: looks good, but I still spotted
some minor issues.

I'm still trying to make some time for a more detailed
look. I hope to do that real soon now, esp. as I would
like to have this reviewed before the Warschau meeting.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans

Regards
Yordan

Yordan Kamenov wrote:
Hi Hans,

here is third version of plugin support for libv4l2.

Changes in v3:

* Pass opened fd to the plugin instead of filename
* Plugin private data is returned by init call and is passed as argument
in ioctl/read/close (remove libv4l2_set/get_plugindata functions)
* Plugin do not handle mmap/munmap

Changes in v2:

* Remove calls of v4l2_plugin_foo functions in the beginning of coresponding
v4l2_foo functions and instead replace SYS_FOO calls.
* Add to v4l2_dev_info device operation structure which can hold plugin
callbacks or dyrect syscall(SYS_foo, ...) calls.
* Under libv4lconvert also replace SYS_FOO cals with device operations. This
required also to add dev_ops field to v4lconvert_data and v4lcontrol_data.

v1:

Here is initial version of plugin support for libv4l, based on your RFC.

It is provided by functions v4l2_plugin_[open,close,etc]. When open() is
called libv4l dlopens files in /usr/lib/libv4l/plugins 1 at a time and call
open() callback passing through the applications parameters unmodified.
If a plugin is relevant for the specified device node, it can indicate so by
returning a value other then -1 (the actual file descriptor).

As soon as a plugin returns another value then -1 plugin loading stops and
information about it (fd and corresponding library handle) is stored.
For each function v4l2_[ioctl,read,close,etc] is called corresponding
v4l2_plugin_* function which looks if there is loaded plugin for that file
and call it's callbacks. v4l2_plugin_* functions indicate by their first
argument if plugin was used, and if it was not then v4l2_* functions proceed
with their usual behavior.

Yordan Kamenov (1):
libv4l: Add plugin support to libv4l

lib/include/libv4l2-plugin.h | 36 ++++++
lib/include/libv4lconvert.h | 5 +-
lib/libv4l2/Makefile | 4 +-
lib/libv4l2/libv4l2-priv.h | 10 ++
lib/libv4l2/libv4l2.c | 90 ++++++++++----
lib/libv4l2/v4l2-plugin.c | 160 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
lib/libv4l2/v4l2convert.c | 9 --
lib/libv4lconvert/control/libv4lcontrol-priv.h | 4 +
lib/libv4lconvert/control/libv4lcontrol.c | 35 ++++--
lib/libv4lconvert/control/libv4lcontrol.h | 5 +-
lib/libv4lconvert/libv4lconvert-priv.h | 2 +
lib/libv4lconvert/libv4lconvert.c | 34 ++++--
create mode 100644 lib/include/libv4l2-plugin.h
create mode 100644 lib/libv4l2/v4l2-plugin.c