On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Mike Isely wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>
> > /home/mchehab/new_build/v4l/pvrusb2-v4l2.c: In function
> > 'pvr2_v4l2_do_ioctl':
> > /home/mchehab/new_build/v4l/pvrusb2-v4l2.c:798:23: warning: variable 'cap'
> > set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
>
> I will look into these.  I'm a little puzzled right now since silly
> stuff like this usually doesn't get by me.  Unfortunately I can't look
> at it right this minute.  Expect to hear from me on Sunday.

I looked at these two warnings.  It's dead code that should be removed.
Amazingly enough, this particular bit of crap has been in the driver,
unnoticed, since 2008!

I have a pull request coming for more pvrusb2 patches, probably in a few
more hours, once I'm done testing.  A fix for this will be in the patch
set.

  -Mike

--

Mike Isely