Em 06-05-2011 09:55, Steve Kerrison escreveu:
> If antti doesn't do this before me, I will look at this over the weekend and
> generate a patch against antti's current code... if that's appropriate of
> course (I'm new at this ;))

Feel free to do it. I suspect that Antti won't work on it during this weekend.
From
what I understood, he's travelling in vacations.

It helps if you could also add the bits into the frontend API DocBook:
        Documentation/DocBook/dvb/dvbproperty.xml

The chapter that describes DVBv5 extensions is at:
        http://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/FE_GET_PROPERTY.html

As you may realize, this chapter were originally written with a description
of the ISDB-T extensions. I've imported it from a .txt file, and did just
some small adjustments to glue it into the specs, but I didn't have time to
make it generic enough.

So, the descriptions there for FE_[GET|SET]_PROPERTY are focused on ISDB-T.
Yet, it shouldn't be hard to make it generic.

I'm sending right now a patch I just made that will better document those two
calls. I'm not adding the other non-documented properties. So, there are still
lots of other DVBv5 property types not documented there (feel free to send us
patches if you have time for that), and there are other missing changes
from DVB APIv3 time, but at least we reduce a little bit the differences between
the code and the spec [1].

In the past, the specs were shipped on a separate tree, using LaTex format,
and outside the kernel. So, they weren't changed when new code were added.

Now that we have it together with the kernel, we should only extend the API
together with API specs, to avoid increasing the specs gap.

With the specs at the kernel, all that needs to do to re-generate is to change
the xml files and run:
        $ make htmldocs

Then look at the specs using your favourite browser with an URL like:

file:///home/myhome/media-tree/Documentation/DocBook/media/FE_GET_SET_PROPERTY.html

[1] From DVB API v3 to v5, the differences are at the FE_[GET/SET]_PROPERTY
ioctls.

Thanks!
Mauro.