Here in the UK the mux strengths and parameters are all over the place.

I have had situations in the past (with dib0700 I think) where I've had
to twiddle the force_lna setting one way or the other depending on how
they've decided to reconfigure my local transmitter.

So I'd be cautious about flat-out enabling it the whole time.
--
Steve Kerrison MEng Hons.
http://www.stevekerrison.com/