Hi,

Given the many comments in this thread, I'm just
going reply to this one, and try to also answer any
other ones in this mail.

As far as the dual mode camera is involved, I agree
that that should be fixed in the existing v4l2
drivers + libgphoto. I think that Felipe's solution
to also handle the stillcam part in kernel space for
dual mode cameras (and add a libgphoto cam driver which
knows how to talk the new kernel API for this), is
the best solution. Unfortunately this will involve
quite a bit of work, but so be it.