Hello,

On Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:57 AM Scott Jiang wrote:

(snipped)

> >> I used dma-contig allocator. I mean if offset is 0, I must get actual
> >> addr from this offset.
> > hi, Scott
> >
> > if it is single plane, surely the offset is 0 for plane 0
> yes, it is absolutely right.
>
> > what do you mean the actual addr ?
> I should return virtual address of the buffer in get_unmapped_area callback.
>

> >> __find_plane_by_offset can do this. But it is an internal function.
> >> I think there should be a function called vb2_get_unmapped_area to do
> >> this in framework side.
> > are you using soc_camera ?
> > you can add your get_unmapped_area  in soc_camera.
> > if not, you can add it in your v4l2_file_operations ops, while still
> > using videbuf2 to management your buffer.
> yes, I have added this method, just copy __find_plane_by_offset code.
> But it is ugly, it should have a vb2_get_unmapped_area like vb2_mmap.
> These two operations are called by one system call, so they should
> have a uniform looks.

If videobuf2-core and its memory allocator interface lacks some operations
that are essential for no-mmu systems, please just add them. Frankly I have
no experience with Linux no-mmu systems, so I might have missed something
that is required for no-mmu case.

Best regards
--
Marek Szyprowski