23.07.2011 19:09, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
As I said, I propose the automute state to be a separate,
_third_ state. mute/unmute/automute.
Automute state is only set initially, but if the app
explicitly sets any other state, it is no longer affected.
Since an app can't rely on the state before it was
started, it should set the mute state explicitly first.
In this case, it will not be autounmuted after tuning.
Hard to tell about your solution without seeing a patch.
I can try making this patch now only if we agree
on the technique first.

Not sure if this will be consistent, especially if PA
restarts for whatever reason (X restart? manual restart?).
I mean, this automute is set initially for every
new opening of the device node. So on every start
it will still have an automute mode.

Anyway, we're discussing a lot for a kernel fix for PA,
while the right thing to do is to fix PA itself.
I think both parts will better be fixed ideally, but
right now PA will probably not be fixed soon.
If we can agree on the logic, then I may take a
look into coding the patch itself.