On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 11:51 +1000, Jason Hecker wrote:

> I have tried everything imaginable to nail down the problem but can't
> seem to fix it.  Even "options dvb-usb force_pid_filter_usage=1" seems
> to improve the problem somewhat but the errors are still there.  I
> have tried every firmware from 4.65 to 5.10, adjusting the PCI latency
> from 32 to 96, fed each card directly from the antenna (taking the
> splitter out of the loop), one card fitted, both cards fitted, kernel
> and system upgrades (Mythbuntu 10.04 to 11.04), mplayer vs MythTV but
> the results are always the same.  Tuner B is perfect, tuner A
> corrupts when Tuner B is used.  There are no errors or warnings in
> syslog or dmesg to
> suggest anything has failed.
I think there is a BUG, where on some systems, the frontends become
swapped between kernels 2.6.35 and 2.6.38 on dual tuners.

I haven't fully investigated the cause, but I think it's to do with
applying a later build of dvb-usb to an earlier kernel.

So, Tuner B on 2.6.38(11.04) is the old Tuner A.

Regards

Malcolm