Hi Laurent,

On 09/21/2011 01:12 AM, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Sylwester,
>
> Thanks for the patch.
>
> On Monday 19 September 2011 19:07:55 Sylwester Nawrocki wrote:
>> FIELD is an Even/Odd field selection signal, as specified in ITU-R BT.601
>> standard. Add corresponding flag for configuring the FIELD signal polarity.
>> Also add a comment about usage of V4L2_MBUS_[HV]SYNC* flags for the
>> hardware that uses [HV]REF signals.
>
> I like this approach better.

>> +/* Field selection signal for interlaced scan mode */
>> +#define V4L2_MBUS_FIELD_ACTIVE_HIGH         (1 << 10)
>> +#define V4L2_MBUS_FIELD_ACTIVE_LOW          (1 << 11)
>
> What does this mean ? The FIELD signal is used to select between odd and even
> fields. Does "active high" mean that the field is odd or even when the signal
> has a high level ? The comment should make it explicit, or we could even
> rename those two constants to FIELD_ODD_HIGH/FIELD_ODD_LOW (or
> FIELD_EVEN_HIGH/FIELD_EVEN_LOW).

Yes, certainly I didn't think enough about this. I silently assumed that for
V4L2_MBUS_FIELD_ACTIVE_HIGH FIELD = 0 selects Field1 (odd) and FIELD = 1 selects
Field2 (even).
I think it would be good to construct the macro so it is possibly
self-explanatory,
rather than requiring often to dig in the documentation.

So I would go for V4L2_MBUS_FIELD_ODD_LOW/V4L2_MBUS_FIELD_ODD_HIGH.
Unless someone proposes something different/better I'll send an amended version
tomorrow.

Thanks,
--
Sylwester Nawrocki