Hi Stuart,

On 23/09/11 09:52, Stuart Morris wrote:
I have a PCTV 290e and have been watching closely the updates to the Linux media
tree for this device. Thanks for addressing the issues with the 290e driver, I
am
now able to use my 290e for watching UK FreeviewHD with a good degree of
success.

No problems, although I think Mauro has been working on the locking problem as well :-).

I have a question regarding some patches you requested a while back that have
yet to be applied to the media tree.
These patches are:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg36799.html
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg36818.html

Yes, I have noticed this. My advice would be to apply the first patch that remove the em28xx_remove_from_devlist() function (and the race condition that it creates), but not the second patch because I don't think it's compatible with Mauro's work.

My other patches have *slowly* been added to the queue for 3.2; I am still waiting to see if this patch will join the others before resubmitting it.

Cheers,
Chris