On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Gary Thomas <g...@mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> On 2011-10-06 10:11, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:

>>> Very interesting.  What was your source (camera type, etc)?
>>
>> A samsung HD video camera connected to the TVP with its RCA video
>> connector. But the artifact its independent of the analog input data,
>> I've tried with an Sony Cybershot camera and other input sources.
>>
>>> How are you looking (or extracting) individual frames for analysis?
>>>

>> I'm using gstreamer to capture RAW YUV data and MPEG encoded video
>> using the DSP.
>>
>> This are my pipelines:
>>
>> YUV:
>>
>> gst-launch-0.10 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video2 queue-size=16
>> num-buffers=16 ! video/x-raw-yuv,format=\(fourcc\)UYVY ! filesink
>> location=capture.out
>>
>> MPEG:
>>
>> gst-launch-0.10 -v v4l2src device=/dev/video2 queue-size=8 !
>> video/x-raw-yuv,format=\(fourcc\)UYVY ! TIVidenc1 codecName=mpeg4enc
>> engineName=codecServer ! qtmux ! filesink location=capture.m4v
>>
>>> I see much the same sort of artefacts as you are.  An example is at
>>>  http://www.mlbassoc.com/misc/untitled.m2t
>>> This is a little example I put together using kdenlive.  The first
>>> segment
>>> is the raw video from my camera, imported via USB.  The second is roughly
>>> the same video captured using my OMAP board and converted to MP4 on the
>>> fly
>>> by this command:
>>>  ffmpeg -r 30/1 -pix_fmt uyvy422 -s 720x524 -f video4linux2 -i
>>> /dev/video2
>>> -qscale 1 -f mp4 test1.mp4
>>> I think there are some aspect ratio issues with these but what bothers me
>>> the most is how much the captured data tears whenever there is a lot of
>>> motion in the video.
>
> I figured out how to split your raw video into individual frames.  The
> problems
> don't look like only interlace issues to me.  Take a look at
>  http://www.mlbassoc.com/misc/UYVY_examples/PAL_from_JavierMartinezCanillas/
> especially image #9 which shows some very serious ghosting.

Yes, I don't know if this is because I'm not copying the sub-frame in
the correct buffer or another.

> I see the same behaviour here and it bothers me quite a lot.  I do hope that
> we can figure out what's causing it - we have a number of customers that are
> wanting to do analogue video capture using the OMAP+TVP5150, so it's pretty
> important to us.
>
> Thanks for your time

Yes, we are in the same situation. I did my best to fix this but I
couldn't. I minimized the effect with those changes but there still
exists.

I hope as Enrico says that Laurent, Sakari (who im cc'ing here) or
Deepthy that know better the ISP can enter the discussion. So we can
all work together to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

--
Javier Martínez Canillas
(+34) 682 39 81 69