http://kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/v4l-dvb-80e/raw-rev/30c6512030ac

> If you just apply the patches instead of trying to hand-merge the
> two trees together, you will only get the delta and will likely
> just have to fix the 4 or five conflicts in em28xx.h and
> em28xx-cards.c (related to the fact that subsequent boards were
> added to the driver after my patch).
>
> That approach should only take a few minutes, given the conflicts
> are trivial to resolve.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Devin

Thank you again for the quick reply. I think that the problem I had
was that I hand merged everything (using meld, but that's beside the
point). While I was at work last night, I decided that I need to do
exactly what you suggested here.  Hopefully that will take care of the
Signed Off By problems too (if not, then I'll manually enter them).

If this works as it should, how do I retract this patch series (as
they'll no longer be valid) or is it safe to say that they'll be
ignored from here out?

Have a great day:)
Patrick.