Hi,

I'm using a Technisat Skystar HD2 (DVB-S2) with a CI Module under Ubuntu 11.04. As some people already noticed, the mantis_ca_init() is never called to initialize the CAM. Since s2-liplianin used almost the same code, I basically just put the mantis_ca_init back in, which is working quite good. But I hope somebody can help me to remove a bug rendering the driver not SMP safe,
since I believe my work around for this makes the driver less reliable.

First of all the description of the bug:
I'm using a dual core cpu and noticed that I don't get all the interrupt i should get when writing to/ reading from the card using a function which uses "mantis_hif_sbuf_opdone_wait" in "mantis_hif.c". This leads to the 500 ms timeout. Interesting enough, when reading the data despite the timeout, the data is valid and available. Using max_cpus=1 parameter when starting ubuntu 11.04 solves the problem; all interrupts are received and no timeout occurs. In addition to this, i think the return value of "msecs_to_jiffies" changed with some kernel update an thus "mantis_hif_sbuf_opdone_wait" never returns an error. How hope someone can help figuraing out, why the card send less interrupt on SMP enabled machines. I know the core which handles the IRQ can change, but even all the IRQs from all core are less than when disabling SMP.

Now the description how I added the CI support again:

File mantis_hif.c (workaround for the SMP bug):
- Change the call from msecs_to_jiffies(500) to msecs_to_jiffies(2) in function "mantis_hif_sbuf_opdone_wait" (we just get the data after 2 ms, regardless if we got the data ready IRQ or not).

File mantis_pci.c:
- Move the function set_direction from mantis_core.c to mantis_pci.c (I tried to just add the forward declaration to mantis_core.h, but I couldn't get it to work...) - Add its function declaration to mantis_pci.h (extern void mantis_set_direction(struct mantis_pci *mantis, int direction);). - Add "mantis_set_direction(mantis, 0);" after "mantis->revision = pdev->revision;" in function "mantis_pci_init". - Add "mmwrite(0x00, MANTIS_INT_MASK);" before "err = request_irq(pdev->irq,"... in function "mantis_pci_init".

File mantis_ca.c:
- Add the include #include "mantis_pci.h"
- Comment in "mantis_set_direction(mantis, 1);" in function "mantis_ts_control" in file mantis_ca.c

File manits_dvb.c:
- Add the function call "mantis_ca_init(mantis);" right before the return 0 in function "mantis_dvb_init". - Add th function call "mantis_ca_exit(mantis);" right before "tasklet_kill(&mantis->tasklet);" in function "mantis_dvb_exit".

Regards,
Manuel