Forgot to CC the list, here it goes...

Hi Jef,

Am 13.12.2011 11:32, schrieb Jean-Francois Moine:

> > So, I added controls to modify these registers in the version 2.14.5
> > I've just uploaded.
> >
> > The values may be modified by programs as 'v4l2ucp' (control only),
> > 'vlc' or my program 'svv'. Note that changing the register values works
> > only when capture is active (the values are reset at capture start
> > time).

Wow - you, Sir, are good! I am really impressed.

After installing the package, I saw that the values are initialized at
R7 = 0, R8 = 2. Sharpness is initialized to 2.

As soon as I changed R7 to 1, it worked perfectly. This also yielded a
perfect image quality (at some settings there was weird noise patterns).
>From 34..50 I could reproduce the bug again.

Also when I raised the sharpness to the max level of 3, the bug appeared
again.

So thank you again for your solution and my kudos again. Awesome! Also,
svv is a really neat tool, I'll surely use that in the future.

Best regards,
Joe