Hello Everyone,

A very happy new year 2012! :)

This patchset is an RFC for the way videobuf2 can be adapted to add support for
DMA buffer sharing framework[1].

The original patch-set for the idea, and PoC of buffer sharing was by
Tomasz Stanislawski <t.stanisl...@samsung.com>, who demonstrated buffer sharing
between two v4l2 devices[2]. This RFC is needed to adapt these patches to the
changes that have happened in the DMA buffer sharing framework over past few
months.

To begin with, I have tried to adapt only the dma-contig allocator, and only as
a user of dma-buf buffer. I am currently working on the v4l2-as-an-exporter
changes, and will share as soon as I get it in some shape.

As with the PoC [2], the handle for sharing buffers is a file-descriptor (fd).
The usage documentation is also a part of [1].

So, the current RFC has the following limitations:
- Only buffer sharing as a buffer user,
- doesn't handle cases where even for a contiguous buffer, the sg_table can have
   more than one scatterlist entry.

Thanks and best regards,
~Sumit.

[1]: dma-buf patchset at: https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/12/26/29
[2]: http://lwn.net/Articles/454389

Sumit Semwal (4):
  v4l: Add DMABUF as a memory type
  v4l:vb2: add support for shared buffer (dma_buf)
  v4l:vb: remove warnings about MEMORY_DMABUF
  v4l:vb2: Add dma-contig allocator as dma_buf user

 drivers/media/video/videobuf-core.c        |    4 +
 drivers/media/video/videobuf2-core.c       |  186 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 drivers/media/video/videobuf2-dma-contig.c |  125 +++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/videodev2.h                  |    8 ++
 include/media/videobuf2-core.h             |   30 +++++

1.7.5.4