On 01/05/2012 05:37 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
With all these series applied, it is now possible to use frontend 0
for all delivery systems. As the current tools don't support changing
the delivery system, the dvb-fe-tool (on my experimental tree[1]) can now
be used to change between them:

For example, to use DVB-T with the standard scan:

$ ./dvb-fe-tool -d DVBT&&  scan /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/au-Adelaide

[1]
http://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental-v4l-utils.git/shortlog/refs/heads/dvb-utils

I tested that now using nanoStick T2 cxd2820r driver. I got it working somehow, but I suspect there is some bugs at least for DVB-C. But forget those as now.

As it now registers only one frontend I must switch mode using dvb-fe-tool when I want to use DVB-C. Argh.

I don't see reason why it was needed to remove old DVB-C frontend1. Why it wasn't possible to leave FE1 as it was and enhance only functionality of FE0 like it is now? For that strategy we doesn't break old set-ups as now happens.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/