On 01/10/2012 03:28 PM, Jim Darby wrote:
I've been using a PCTV Nanostick T2 USB DVB-T2 receiver (one of the few
that supports DVB-T2) for over six months with a 3.0 kernel with no
problems.

The key drivers in use are em28xx, cxd2820r and tda18271.

Seeing the 3.2 kernel I thought I'd upgrade and now I seem to have hit a
problem.

Do you have possibility to test Kernel 3.1?
Also latest LinuxTV.org devel could be interesting to see. There is one patch that changes em28xx driver endpoint configuration. But as that patch is going for 3.3 it should not be cause of issue, but I wonder if it could fix... Use media_build.git if possible.

The Nanostick works fine for between 5 and 25 minutes and then without
any error messages cuts out. The TS drops to a tiny stream of non-TS
data. It seems to contain a lot of 0x00s and 0xffs.

It looks like the problem of many years ago when the frontends would be
shut down if they were closed for more than a few minutes. However, it
would appear that the frontend fds are still open (according to fuser).

Some more system details:

This is running on a 32-bit system.

Everything works fine if I boot with the 3.0.0 kernel.

The user-land application is kaffeine.

There is a PCI DVB-T card in the system which operates fine even when
the Nanostick stops producing the correct output.

Which is that card? I wonder if there is same drivers used like tda18271...

I'm more than happy to build kernels and add debugging. I'm basically
just trying to find the maintainer for these modules so we can figure
out what's going wrong and fix it before 3.2 escapes into several
distros and we have this problem on a larger scale.

I am maintainer of the cxd2820r. Mike knows tda18271 and maybe Mauro em28xx...

Many thanks for your help,

Jim.

Antti
--