Thanks Lars,

dvb-fe-tool worked great, appreciate the help.

Regards
Edd

On 22/02/2012 17:38, Lars Hanisch wrote:
Hi,

Am 22.02.2012 14:05, schrieb Edd Barker:
Hi Members

I've just got a Cine CT v6 card and have having a bit of trouble. I
want to use dvb-t only, I've followed the
instructions here...

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Digital_Devices_DuoFlex_C%26T

The card is now appearing in /dev/dvb/adapter0 & /dev/dvb/adapter1.
However only one frontend is showing up and if I try
to scan dvb-t I get an error that I'm sure means I'm trying to use
dvb-c tuner.

WARNING: frontend type (QAM) is not compatible with requested tuning
type (OFDM)

I'm running on Ubuntu 11.10, 3.0.0-16 kernal. Is this something anyone
else has come across or knows what I can do to
use the dvb-t frontend?

You can use dvb-fe-tool to switch the type of delivery system used as a
default for old applications.
In the near past the drivers of hybrid cards were changed so there's
only one frontend for all delivery systems, since they can only be
opened mutually exclusive.

There should be an PPA at Launchpad with a recent version of the
tools/utils, but I don't have the URL at the moment.

Regards,
Lars.

Thanks
Edd