Hi,

I have a question about V4L2_MEMORY_USERPTR:

>From which context are the kernel's "copy_to_user()" functions called in
relation to V4L2_MEMORY_USERPTR ? Can this be a USB callback function or is it
only syscalls, like read/write/ioctl that are allowed to call "copy_to_user()"
?

The reason for asking is that I am maintaining a userland port of the media
tree's USB drivers for FreeBSD. At the present moment it is not allowed to
call copy_to_user() or copy_from_user() unless the backtrace shows a syscall,
so the V4L2_MEMORY_USERPTR feature is simply removed and disabled. I'm
currently thinking how I can enable this feature.

--HPS