Le mardi 17 avril 2012 23:30:43 Pieter De Wit, vous avez écrit :
> Thanks for the reply. I suspect that there is some tricks needed to get
> the h264 stream from this device, into something of a player.

At least for UVC devices, it's pretty damn straight forward. You just need to
set pixel format 'H264' with the standard VIDIOC_S_FMT. Then you get the H.264
elementary stream with the plain normal streaming or read/write modes of V4L2.

E.g.:

# v4l2-ctl --set-fmt-video=width=640,height=480,pixelformat=H264
# vlc v4l2c/h264://

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/