On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:32 AM,  <sitten74...@mypacks.net> wrote:
> I have been testing the latest cx23885 driver built from
> http://git.kernellabs.com/?p=stoth/cx23885-hvr1850-fixups.git;a=summary
> running on kernel 3.3.4 with my HVR-1800 (model 78521).  I am able to watch
> analog TV with tvtime using the raw device, /dev/video0.  But if I try to use
> it with the MPEG device, /dev/video1, I briefly get a blue screen and then
> tvtime segfaults.

Tvtime segfaulting if you try to use it on an MPEG device is a known
tvtime bug.  Tvtime lacks an MPEG decoder, and only works with devices
that support raw video.

cat /dev/video1 > /tmp/foo.mpg gives video with moving, distorted,
mostly black and white diagonal lines just like @Britney posted here:
http://www.kernellabs.com/blog/?p=1636.

Yup, I've been going back and forth with bfransen on this.  I received
a board last week, and am hoping to debug it this week.

Regards,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs