On Sun May 27 2012 11:06:27 Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just noticed the following on:
> http://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-dvb-apis/tuner.html#id2570531
>
> "This specification does not define radio output devices.", iow no
> radio modulators, but we agreed upon making the band changes to
> the modulator too, and this makes sense because AFAIK we do support
> radio modulators.
>
> I hit this while working on adding support for the proposed API to
> v4l2-ctl, as I wanted to only print the band stuff for radio type
> devices, but the modulator struct has no type!
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Yeah, that section needs to be rewritten. We have no TV modulators at all.
If a video/vbi node supports G/S_MODULATOR, then it is a TV modulator. If
a radio node supports it, then it is a radio modulator.

Even for g/s_freq and g/s_tuner the type field is now determined strictly
by the type of the node. It is no longer possible to e.g. query the radio
tuner from a video node. It used to be possible (as least in theory) in the
past, but that was crazy.